Orthopedic Massage Series Assessment and Treatment Strategies for Soft Tissue Pain and Injury Training DVDs
The Low Back
5 DVD Set
Dr. Ben Benjamin makes this highly technical and complex material clear and accessible. With precision, humor, and insight he uses a step-by-step approach to teach practitioners the anatomy, assessment, treatment techniques, and injury rehabilitation for working with low back pain.
You'll learn how to differentiate muscle and ligament injuries from more serious disc injuries, and you'll fine-tune your palpation skills and hands-on treatment techniques. After you've learned the theoretical background, assessment procedures, and treatment techniques, we integrate this knowledge through enactment of a real case.
Low Back Anatomy in Depth
1. Anatomy of all relevant structures
2. Anatomy drawing
3. Anatomy palpation
1. Principles of assessment
2. Assessment tests
3. Taking the low back history
Integration: Low Back Concepts and Theory
1. Referred pain in the low back
2. The pathophysiology of scar tissue
3. Predisposing factors
4. General Concepts
5. Low back theory and integration
1. Principles of friction therapy to the low back
2. Friction techniques for the low back and sacrum
3. Psoas technique
4. Myofascial therapy
5. Massage therapy
6. Back exercises
1. Enactment of an actual case of low back pain
2. Common questions practitioners ask
35 CE Hours*.
*You will be emailed a link to any exams for the DVD series you purchase. Exams can be taken at any time - NO TIME LIMITS OR DUE DATES! Upon passing the exam, you will be emailed your Certificate of Completion indicating the CEs you have earned.